• June 7Grad Nite for the Class of 2024 on Wednesday, June 12
  • June 7Graduation of the Class of 2024 at 5:30 p.m. at Mulholland Middle School on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Senior Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Last day of instruction on Tuesday, June 11
  • May 31Minimum Day on Monday, June 10
  • May 31Finals schedule is from Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7

Kick back this summer with these 6 relaxing games

Summer is a time for rest and relaxation for all students. Kick back with some cozy games in this list made by popular and indie game developers. Cozy games became a staple in the gaming community, going as far as to compete with the typical combat games most people associate with gaming. All these listed games bring something new to the table, creating comfortable experiences for any player. 

“Stardew Valley” is a farm simulation video game developed, published and designed by ConcernedApe in 2016. (ConcernedApe)

Stardew Valley

If you like games centered around growing crops and building community, consider checking out Stardew Valley. Released in February 2016 by developer ConcernedApe, Stardew Valley captured the hearts of millions of people with its charming appearance, interesting NPCs to befriend and romance, and lots of content to explore. Stardew Valley is iconic in the cozy game genre, generating a dedicated fanbase who love discussing the best ways to make money and decorate their farms.

“Minecraft” offers players the opportunity to build, explore and use their creativity. (Mojang Studios)

Minecraft

Minecraft, created by Mojang, is a game that needs no introduction, being one of the pioneers of sandbox gaming. Sandbox games allow players to create whatever they want in the world around them, allowing Minecraft to stand out for its time. Minecraft has a lot to offer for both casual and competitive gamers, balancing aspects of intense PVP (player-versus-player) gameplay and puzzles with building cute houses and enjoying calming gameplay with friends. Minecraft players all around the world use Minecraft to express their creativity in builds, tame lovable creatures and decorate their world to their heart’s content.

“Animal Crossing” is a simulation video game where players can create their own characters and villages while completing their given side quests. (Nintendo)

Animal Crossing

Animal Crossing is a classic cozy game that was a part of many people’s childhoods. Nintendo released Animal Crossing: New Horizons in 2020, garnering a surge of players since the COVID-19 lockdown. While not as widely talked about today, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is a game still dear to many people’s hearts with its iconic art style, cute characters and simple gameplay. In the game, you pay off your dues for housing, build and customize your island, and bring home a wide array of villagers to move onto your island. What makes the game special is that it follows real-time, allowing you to experience the seasons on your island with your villager friends.

The video game “Unpacking” allows the player to unpack possessions to fit the given living space with a total of 35 levels. (Humble Bundle)

Unpacking

Unpacking is a pixel-style puzzle game created by indie developer Witch Beam, where you play as a woman unpacking and moving through her various stages of life. You progress by placing her unpacked luggage into the correct spots, traveling from her childhood room to her college dorm and into her first apartment. After all eight levels are complete, the main character is officially moved in with her wife and child. The game is great if you like simple and calming gameplay, where you can play while listening to music or watching a movie. There’s no scoring system so the gameplay is completely up to you, making it fun and easy for anybody to kick back to.

“Untitled Goose Game” is a puzzle game where players control a goose who causes havoc in a small village. (Panic Inc.)

Untitled Goose Game

If you ever wanted to terrorize the civilians of a village as a cute goose, try out Untitled Goose Game. Untitled Goose Game is a stealth puzzle game created by indie developer House House that started as a joke game but quickly went viral for its comedic concept. In the game, you play as a goose whose mission is to wreak havoc on unsuspecting humans going about their day. You can even play with a friend in close proximity, using the goose’s abilities to complete tasks and torment the civilians.

“Sims 4” is a life simulation video game that allows players to create and control their characters lives. (Electronic Arts)

The Sims

The Sims franchise was created all the way back in the year 2000 and it has evolved into what we know today as The Sims 4. The Sims 4 is a life simulation game developed by Maxis and Electronic Arts, well known for its goofy gameplay and accessibility. Create your own sims and help them through the ups and downs of life. Have your sims start careers, families and see what the in-game world has to offer.