• June 7Grad Nite for the Class of 2024 on Wednesday, June 12
  • June 7Graduation of the Class of 2024 at 5:30 p.m. at Mulholland Middle School on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Senior Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Last day of instruction on Tuesday, June 11
  • May 31Minimum Day on Monday, June 10
  • May 31Finals schedule is from Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7

Artist of the Month: Lana Del Rey embraces the countryside for her next album

Wikimedia Commons
Lana Del Rey is an accomplished artist who is known for her somber music style. She is set to release a new country album in September called “Lasso,” completely transitioning from her usual style of music.

Revered pop artist Lana Del Rey, who is beloved by many teenagers, is slated to release a new country album “Lassoin  September following the footsteps of many other artists such as Beyonce and Ed Sheeran. 

Lana Del Rey, who’s real name is Elizabeth Grant, is from rural upstate New York and began her journey into music right after high school when her uncle began to teach her guitar. She began her career in 2006 as Lizzy Grant. However, her rise to fame was with her debut album “Born to Die” in 2011, which was later followed by the album “Ultraviolencein 2014. Del Rey received critical acclaim and praise with one of her biggest songs, “Summertime Sadness,in 2012. 

Her music is often very melancholic and it evokes emotions that appeal to many teenagers. Del Rey has a mellow, somewhat delicate and subdued style. Her music often has themes of heartbreak and longing. However, the new album “Lassois a pretty big shift in her typical style.

Instead of aiming for a somber style of music, this album will be more upbeat and inspired by folk music. She also released a lot in the past few years, releasing four albums (including “Lasso”), in the past three and a half years. Although “Lassois set for release soon, not much is known about it. It will feature tracks such as “Stand By Your Manand a cover of “Take Me Home, Country Roads,” originally by John Denver. 

If you can’t already tell by our award winners and our performers, the music business is going country. We’re going country. It’s happening,” Del Rey said in Billboard Magazine on Feb. 1.

Lana Del Rey has had a lasting influence on both the music industry and her fans. However, her shift in content marks a change for both her and the music industry, showing the growing demand and appreciation for country music.