• June 7Grad Nite for the Class of 2024 on Wednesday, June 12
  • June 7Graduation of the Class of 2024 at 5:30 p.m. at Mulholland Middle School on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Senior Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Last day of instruction on Tuesday, June 11
  • May 31Minimum Day on Monday, June 10
  • May 31Finals schedule is from Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7

Album Review: Billie Eilish hits the spot with third studio album

store.billieeilish.com
Billie Eilish released her third studio album “HIT ME HARD AND SOFT” on May 17, much to the anticipation of her fans.

Billie Eilish moves hearts and speaks her mind in her third studio album “HIT ME HARD AND SOFT.

The production of this album, which was released May 17, is a collaboration with her brother FINNEAS, who has worked with her on songs such as “Ocean Eyes” and “Happier Than Ever.” This album was highly anticipated since her last album “Happier Than Ever” was released in 2021. The album features 10 tracks, with some songs having explicit themes such as “LUNCH” and “THE DINER.” Other songs discuss getting over an unhealthy relationship and falling in love again. Eilish announced a tour with the album’s release, which will go from September 2024 to July 2025.

Eilish, a nine-time Grammy award winner, is a Los Angeles-born songwriter and singer. As a child, her mother taught her the basics of songwriting and inspired her to make music. She first gained popularity at 13 with the release of “Ocean Eyes,” her debut single. 

“I feel like this album is me,” Eilish said in an interview with Rolling Stone. “It feels like my youth and who I was as a kid.”

My favorite song on this album is the ninth track called “BITTERSUITE.” I enjoyed how the song is split into two parts, with the opening notes of the first half sounding hypnotic. The second part of “BITTERSUITE” ends with a riff transitioning to “BLUE,” the last track on the album. The lyrics are poetic and convey her message of conflict and bittersweetness.

It’s clear to anyone who listens to “HIT ME HARD AND SOFT” that Eilish put a lot of passion and care into the album. This album is a great listen and it’s a great start for anyone who wants to get into her music.