• June 7Grad Nite for the Class of 2024 on Wednesday, June 12
  • June 7Graduation of the Class of 2024 at 5:30 p.m. at Mulholland Middle School on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Senior Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Last day of instruction on Tuesday, June 11
  • May 31Minimum Day on Monday, June 10
  • May 31Finals schedule is from Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7

Dive into summer with these upcoming movies

As summer rapidly approaches, so do movie release dates. Here are some movies coming this summer to watch in theaters. 

“Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga” releases in theaters on May 24. (Warner Bros. Pictures)

Mad Max: Furiosa

“Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga” is an action film releasing May 24, taking place in the “Mad Max” apocalyptic depiction of a barbaric Australia after nuclear war and ecological disaster. It follows the journey of Furiosa, (Anya Taylor-Joy), who tragically lost her mother when they were both kidnapped by the tyrant Dementus (Chris Hemsworth). Furiosa is caught in the crossfire of an ongoing war between Dementus and another equally terrible tyrant and her violence switches from one of desperation to one of revenge. It is rated R for strong violence.

“The Garfield Movie” releases on May 24. (Sony Pictures Releasing )

The Garfield Movie

“The Garfield Movie,” releasing May 24, is an animated comedy following the infamous sarcastic, lasagna-loving cat, Garfield (Chris Pratt) In the film, Garfield meets Jon Arbuckle (Nicholas Hoult) at a young age when the street cat is adopted after displaying his voracious appetite to Jon. Years later, Garfield is kidnapped by two dogs, until he is saved by his father, Vic, (Samuel L. Jackson) who abandoned him previously. Garfield is then dragged into his father’s criminal life as a street cat on the run as he learns what it entails. It is rated PG for action and mild thematic elements.

“In a Violent Nature” comes out in theaters on May 31. (Shudder)

In a Violent Nature

The indie horror film “In a Violent Nature,” releasing May 31, takes an interesting spin on the horror genre by putting the film in the perspective of a serial killer. When a group of teens in a desolate wilderness steal an old abandoned heart locket, it brings forth something unexpected. The dangerous, hideous and silent Johnny (Ryan Barrett) awakes from his period of rest after a violent crime he endured 60 years ago. What occurs afterward is a bloody rampage in the name of vengeance as Johnny searches for the heart locket and slaughters anybody who will stop him. The film is unrated.

“Bad Boys: Ride or Die” releases on June 7. (Sony Pictures Releasing)

Bad Boys: Ride or Die

“Bad Boys: Ride or Die” is an action comedy movie releasing June 7 and it will be the fourth addition to the iconic “Bad Boys” movie franchise. It follows two closely bound Miamian detectives, Mike Lowery (Will Smith) and Marcus Burnett (Martin Lawrence) when their beloved captain is falsely accused of ties to the drug cartel. It is up to the duo to find the truth and bring the truth to light. Stakes become increasingly more dire, as their search soon leads them to become Miami’s most wanted fugitives. The film is currently unrated.

“Inside Out 2” releases on June 14. (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

Inside Out 2

“Inside Out 2” is an animated family film releasing June 14 and is a sequel to “Inside Out.” It follows teenager Riley Anderson (Kensington Tallman) and her emotions who aren’t quite fond of the new emotions onset by puberty, which notably include Anxiety (Maya Hawke) and Envy (Ayo Edebiri). Anxiety decides to seize control of Riley’s life and quite literally bottles up her other emotions, much to the dismay of Riley and everyone who cares for her. The movie follows the original emotions and how they attempt to gain control back of Riley’s life, and the importance of learning to co-exist. The film is rated PG.

“A Quiet Place: Day One” releases on June 28. (Paramount Pictures)

A Quiet Place: Day One

A prequel to “A Quiet Place,” “A Quiet Place: Day One” is an action horror film that releases June 28. It takes place in a world in which incredibly powerful yet animalistic super-hearing aliens crash land on Earth and they wipe out anything they can hear. The movie follows Sam (Lupita Nyong’o), her cat and a fellow survivor Eric (Joseph Quinn) as they do their best to survive. The problem, however, is they live in one of the loudest cities on Earth, New York City. An unfortunate thing as noise means death. The film is currently not yet rated.

“Despicable Me 4” releases on July 3. (Universal Pictures)

Despicable Me 4

“Despicable Me 4” is an animated family comedy movie releasing July 3 and it will be another addition to the “Despicable Me” franchise. Gru’s (Steve Carell) retirement seems to be going all well, he has welcomed a new kid into his life and everyone in his family is happy. However, when Maxime Le Mal (Will Ferrell) seeks to wreak havoc upon Gru’s life, his family must go into hiding and also evade Maxime’s girlfriend, Valentina (Sofia Vergara). It is up to Gru and his minions to return to their previous lifestyle and take down Maxime to bring back their peace. The film is rated PG for action and rude humor.

“Deadpool & Wolverine” releases in theaters on July 26. (Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures)

Deadpool & Wolverine

“Deadpool & Wolverine” is a Marvel superhero film releasing July 26 that follows Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) and Wolverine’s (Hugh Jackman) unlikely and forced friendship. Deadpool is given a task of utmost importance by an organization that controls the timeline, a task instructing him to team up with Wolverine to defeat a shared rival. It follows the pair’s journey to achieve their mission. As they fight along the way, they ultimately stand together to do something greater than both of them. The film is rated R for unlisted reasons.