Throwback Netflix with classic TV shows

Netflix streams various shows from every possible decade. These are a list of oldies but goodies.

Aileen Kangavary

Photo fro creativecommons.org
Watch “Friends” to witness smelly cats, pet chicks and ducks and romance. Photo from creativecommons.org

Friends: A group of six middle-aged friends go through life in Manhattan, New York. The everyday adventures began when Monica Geller (Courteney Cox) and Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston) reunite after high school. Monica’s brother, Ross Geller (David Schwimmer), their ex roommate Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow) and their next door neighbors Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) and Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) build a deeper friendship in the city that never sleeps during the ‘90s.

Photo from creativecommons.org
Photo from creativecommons.org

Freaks and Geeks: Although this high school comedy series was only one season long, the hype for this show went through the roof in the late 90’s. A group of so-called “freaks” whom were portrayed by James Franco, Seth Rogen, Jason Segel and Linda Cardellini and the group of “geeks” played by John Francis Daley, Samm Levine and Martin Starr, dealt with life in high school during the ‘80s.

Photo from creativecommons.org
Photo from creativecommons.org

The Office: In a small paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania, Dunder Mifflin mocks the common American job in the office which presents a typical relationship between Michael Scott, portrayed by Steve Carell and his employees. The love controversy between the characters like Jim Halpert (John Krasinski) and Pam Beesly (Jenna Fischer) and the right-hand of the office, Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson) play a huge role which has been a must-see since 2005.

Photo from creativecommons.org
Photo from creativecommons.org

That ‘70s Show: In the groovy suburbs of Wisconsin, six friends go through the hardships of being a teenager in the 1970’s. In Eric Foreman’s (Topher Grace) basement, he and his friends Jackie (Mila Kunis), Fez (Wilmer Valderrama), Donna (Laura Prepon), Kelso (Ashton Kutcher) and Hyde (Danny Masterson) spend their days together rebelling their parents while listening to rock n’ roll.

Photo from creativecommons.org
Photo from creativecommons.org

Saved By The Bell: Six Bayside High School students spend their educational days playing pranks and fooling around till the time for college arises. The head of the group, Zack Morris (Mark Gosselaar),  crushes on girl next door Kelly Kapowski (Tiffani Thiessen) while the rest of the gang have their own teenage problems to deal with. This late ‘80s comedy show gives a perspective of how high school was like without electronics.