First homecoming dance to be held tomorrow night

Alysa Basmadzhyan
Seniors Aiden Bachsian and Andrew Romero work together to hang up homecoming dance posters during their Leadership class on Sep. 6.

Many students are excited to attend the first-ever homecoming dance at the school on Friday night.

“I’m really excited for the homecoming dance because it’s actually like the first one happening at Daniel Pearl (Magnet High School),” said senior Elizabeth Garcia, who is in the Leadership class.

Homecoming tickets are now on pre-sale for $5 in the student store. A great deal of planning has been done by the Associated Student Body (ASB) officers and leadership students for the homecoming dance. Tomorrow from 6 to 9 p.m. in the MPR, attendees should expect live music, food, drinks, a photo booth and the announcement of the Homecoming King and Queen. All fundraising will go toward the senior Class of 2024 and activities they will plan in the future. 

“This is the first-ever homecoming we’re doing, so we are really expecting a big turnout just because we are calling it a homecoming dance,” said ASB President Maggie Simonyan, who is also The Pearl Post sports editor. “I’m expecting to see way more people than we did last year at dances just because we sort of built that excitement already.”

At the homecoming dance, students are encouraged to follow a black-and-white theme. Leading up to the homecoming dance, students participated in Spirit Week with a theme to follow for each day.