• May 15Class of 2019 prom on Saturday, May 18 from 6:30-10:30 p.m.

• May 15Juniors will have SBAC testing from May 20-24

• May 15No school on Memorial Day, Monday May 27

It’s the end of an era: Fans say, “I love you 3000” to MCU’s founding members

Harlow Frank and Shannon Sullivan

After waiting for an entire year, Marvel fans are finally greeted with an action-packed and thrilling conclusion to the last 10 years of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

Directed by brothers Joe and Anthony Russo, “Avengers: Endgame” brought together the last 22 MCU movies in a sequence of adventure, emotion and nostalgia guaranteed to bring audiences to tears on April 25.

Following the aftermath of “Avengers: Infinity War,” the remaining Avengers including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) along with the help of Ant-Man (Paul Rudd), Rocket Raccoon (Bradley Cooper), Captain Marvel (Brie Larson), Nebula (Karen Gillan) and War Machine (Don Cheadle) are tasked with finding a way to undo Thanos’ (Josh Brolin) snap and bring their friends back from the dead.

The newest installment to the MCU produces an extremely creative and well thought-out plot that manages to balance out its plethora of characters and keep the story going without falling off track.

While the film tends to focus on the original six Avengers, it also features many side plots which keep the audience invested in the characters while keeping the main story intact. In addition to this, the film also features numerous jaw-dropping and exciting moments that die-hard Marvel fans will be very satisfied with. It also features callbacks and references to past MCU movies that give the movie its historic mark.

The Russo brothers, who directed “Avengers: Infinity War,” did a spectacular job creating a movie that brings a close to the stories and heroes fans all began to love while also setting up the next decade of the MCU movies with new heroes that fans will grow to adore.

“Avengers: Endgame” leaves the fans walking out of the theater shocked and tearful as Phase three of the MCU ends with a jam-packed sequence of events that make it a film to watch and leave fans wanting more in the next decade to come.

Casey Wanatick, Staff Writer

Casey Wanatick is a staff writer for The Pearl Post. It is his first year on staff. In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, video games like NBA...

Cj Gorospe, Copy Editor

Sophomore Cj Gorospe is a first year editor for The Prestige Yearbook and Copy Editor for The Pearl Post. This is Cj’s first year on staff and he cannot...

Harlow Frank, Staff Writer

Harlow Frank is a staff writer for The Pearl Post. It is his first time on staff. In his free time he like watching "The Office" and "The Flash." He like...

Shannon Sullivan, Staff Writer

This is Shannon Sullivan’s first year in newspaper as a staff writer. She really likes to write reviews and edit videos for entertainment. She also has...