• June 7Grad Nite for the Class of 2024 on Wednesday, June 12
  • June 7Graduation of the Class of 2024 at 5:30 p.m. at Mulholland Middle School on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Senior Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Last day of instruction on Tuesday, June 11
  • May 31Minimum Day on Monday, June 10
  • May 31Finals schedule is from Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7

Senior editors reflect on their time in student media

Online Editor-in-Chief Rikka Dimalanta

"My experience with The Pearl Post has been very rewarding and memorable to say the least. Over the last three years, I’ve picked up some valuable skills that I will be able to use in my future. But most importantly, I’ve learned how to improve my abilities as a leader. I’ve also made lots of memories with the staff and gained many unique opportunities, which made this experience a huge highlight of my high school years."

Print Editor-in-Chief Alan Ruiz

"My time on The Pearl Post staff has been such an enriching experience because of the skills I have refined and the lasting memories I have made. I am so grateful for this program’s role in helping me break out of my shell and form meaningful connections with fellow staff members and the school community. I will always cherish and fondly relive the moments that have made being on staff so special."

Sports Editor Maggie Simonyan

"My time at The Pearl Post has been one of the most interesting experiences of my life and I will cherish it forever. I joined The Pearl Post as a rookie interested in journalism and I am leaving as a more confident, skilled and educated student journalist. This experience has not only enriched my high school years but also prepared me for future opportunities in journalism."

Yearbook Editor-in-Chief Desiree Spurkel

"When joining The Pearl Post, I had the intention of drawing for it. Right away, I started off as a yearbook editor and it was a huge learning opportunity for myself. With the guidance of my peers, I was able to slowly improve over time. I’m really thankful for being given these opportunities and I wish the next year’s yearbook editors a successful yearbook!"

Yearbook Design Editor Alysa Basmadzhyan

"Being on The Pearl Post and Prestige Yearbook has helped me step outside of my comfort zone. I was able to form closer bonds with all of the members and share memories with them. Working on the yearbook was one of my favorite memories since we were a small group of editors, which allowed me to build a stronger bond with them. Watching all of our hard work come together was a great accomplishment and I'm thankful I got to be a part of it."

Yearbook Design Editor Jazmine Valerio

"I have loved my time being on Prestige Yearbook. I feel as if I have grown a lot, not only as a writer but as a person. I learned that I am so much more confident than I realized before I was on staff. As I get ready to graduate, I realize how grateful I am for my time on staff. I have gotten the opportunities to work with people who I never talked to but ended up being my closest friends."