• April 29Assembly with Dr. Baca for all 9th graders on Friday, May 3 at 12 p.m. in the MPR
  • April 29Senior Panoramic Picture will be taken on Wednesday, May 1 at 2 p.m.
  • April 29College Decision Day Lunchtime Activity on Wednesday, May 1
  • April 29To Infinity and Beyond Spring Passion Concert on Tuesday, April 30 at 7 p.m. in the Grove

Artist of the Month: Mckenna Grace grows in age, advances in career

mckennagrace.com
Mckenna Grace continues her journey into adulthood by further nurturing both her acting and singing careers, seeing incredible success in both.

At only 17 years old, American actress and singer Mckenna Grace flourishes as the inside voice for the teenagers of the world. 

Starting as a child star, Grace’s singing career has worked simultaneously with her acting roles. Her most recent collaboration in February with artist Carver Jones on the song “Middle Name” delves into the sentiments ex-partners feel after breaking up. Grace’s music combines elements of folk, pop and soul to detail the themes of heartbreak, self-realization and love. Grace’s discography also dips into the alternative/indie and pop-punk genre of music. 

Grace started singing at age four, performing in talent shows and festivals. Releasing her first single “Gravity” at age 11, Grace’s singing career was only beginning to blossom. In 2018, Grace released her second single “Lost in You” and a year later in 2019, her single “What If I” was released. Grace continues to release music while starring in various movie roles. In 2021, Grace starred in the “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” movie along with her single “Haunted House” for the movie soundtrack. This year, “Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire” was released on March 22 and stars Grace as one of the modern-day ghostbusters. 

Grace has released singles each year racking millions of listeners, with “Haunted House” having over seven million listens on Spotify. In 2023, Grace released her first album “Bittersweet 16,” with eight tracks tying into the feeling of teenage angst and heartbreak most have experienced one time or another. Grace also collaborated with blackbear in 2023 to create the song “Bark to the Beat” exclusively for “Paw Patrol: The Mighty Movie,” while voicing the character of Skye in the movie. 

Performing as an actor and singer, Grace has mastered the art of music and acting. She started as a child actress but plans to move up the ranks to become a successful adult actress. In an interview with Glamour Magazine in March, Grace expressed her desire of being treated like an adult after growing up in the limelight. 

“I feel like people just have a consensus that I’m still nine years old, and it’s crazy because I’m turning 18 this year. I feel like people still think of me as that age because I’ve been so young for most of my career,” Grace said to Glamour.