• October 17Spirit Week will be from Oct. 29 - Nov. 2

• October 17The Great California ShakeOut drill will be on Oct. 23

• October 7Senior portraits will be taken on Saturday Oct. 20

Six upcoming senior deadlines

The UC application is among one of the many applications that are now open for seniors.

Screenshot from admission.universityofcalifornia.edu

Rudraj Koppikar

As the year draws on seniors have to pay attention to the deadlines for their tests, college applications and financial aid application. Here are some deadlines for seniors to make note of.

SAT

The registration deadline for the Oct. 6 SAT has passed but the late registration deadline is Sept. 26. Students can pay the $29 late fee to register or those with fee waivers will have their late fees waived. The SAT will also be offered on Nov. 3 and Dec. 1. The deadline for these tests are Oct. 5 and Nov. 2 and their late registration deadlines are Oct. 24 and Nov. 20. The SAT costs $47.50 and $64.50 with the essay.

SAT Subject Tests

SAT Subject Tests are offered the same day as the SAT and have the same registration deadlines. As such one cannot take both the SAT and the Subject Tests on the same day. Not every Subject Test is offered on all the test dates so students should be aware of the subject tests offered on the test dates they choose. Language tests with Listening is only available in November, for example. The registration fee for the test is $26 and an additional $22 for each test taken($26 for Language tests with listening.)

ACT

The ACT will be offered on Oct. 27 and Dec. 8. The deadline for the October test is Sept. 28 with a late registration deadline of Oct. 14, and the deadline for the December test is Nov. 2 with a late deadline of Nov. 17. Students should be aware of the fact that ACT fee waivers do not cover the $27.50 late fee as they do for the SAT. The registration fee for the ACT is $42.50, $58.50 with Writing.

Common Application

The Common Application opened in August, and students can now complete the Common Application through Naviance, logging in using their Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD)  provided email. Students without access to this email should contact their English teachers for access. Since the Common Application serves over 700 private colleges and universities, there is no one date that the application is due. Instead each institution sets their own due dates for applications. Students can visit their preferred college’s website to find their due dates

UC/CSU Application

University of California (UC) applications are open now and California State University (CSU) applications open on Oct. 1. Both applications close on Nov. 30 and students must submit their applications before then. The filing period for UC applications is the whole month of November while the filing period for CSU applications is from October to November.

FAFSA

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Application will open on Oct. 1 and will close on June 30, 2019. However, in order to qualify for Cal Grants students should submit their FAFSA application before March 2, 2019.