End of school year brings new SAA

Previously+working+as+the+school+administrator+assistant+%28SAA%29+at+Gledhill+Elementary+School%2C+Lubia+Gutierrez+is+replacing+Wynter+Walker%2C+the+former+SAA+who+left+in+April.+

Previously working as the school administrator assistant (SAA) at Gledhill Elementary School, Lubia Gutierrez is replacing Wynter Walker, the former SAA who left in April.

Daniel Pearl Magnet High School (DPMHS) introduced a new member to the staff family, School Administrator Assistant (SAA) Lubia Gutierrez.

Gutierrez previously worked at Gledhill Elementary School in North Hills as an SAA. She then transferred to DPMHS to have a change and work at the high school level.

Being a new staff member, Gutierrez is looking forward to connecting with students. Although Gutierrez is just getting accustomed to her position at DPMHS, she expects the same respect and obedience to rules, especially since she is working with more mature students now.

“At the school, it is wonderful, everybody here is wonderful,” Gutierrez said. “I am an approachable person, but also, at the same time, I am a person that implements discipline. I like flowers but I also like the truth.”

Wynter Walker, the former SAA, left earlier this semester after three years of working at this school. Wynter was known by students and staff for being organized, punctual and determined. Although her presence will be missed, Gutierrez is already making an impact on the school.

“We’re getting along, she’s working hard,” Office Assistant Lupe Osorio said. “She’s here not just because of her job, but she’s here for the students and for the school as well.”

With only three weeks left in the school year, Gutierrez has shown commitment and gratitude for being given the opportunity to work with high school students. Next year, she hopes to gain more experience in working in a high school atmosphere. Gutierrez expects students to follow rules, show discipline and always do the right thing.

“She wants to know as much as she can about the different things that she is going to have to work on,” Principal Deb Smith said. “It’s very clear that she wants to get off on a good start.”