Boys baseball finishes with strong season

Christine Valenzuela

Sophomore Joshua Fleisher throws the baseball to a teammate during a JV prematch.

Alondra Nuno

Christine Valenzuela

The Patriots had an excellent season despite not making playoffs, finishing their season with an overall score of 23-10.

This season the team practiced on improving their batting average and their mindset. A team has to be able to have the same mindset to work together and get the best results out of everything. 

Although their season was cut short, they did everything they could to get back to where they ended up last year.

“Our ability to know how to beat other teams has improved,” second and third baseman sophomore Joshua Fleisher said.

The team worked hard to improve their batting average for this season, staying after practice in order to get extra hitting time. As a team, they had to come up with new ways and strategies to improve the batting average and their overall performance.

Fleisher worked really hard this season to contribute to the team and become a better player. Not only did he want to improve for his team but he also wanted to improve for himself.

“I have pushed myself to gain more knowledge and practice,” Fleisher said. “Internal motivation has helped me become the best baseball player I can be.”