Remembering Plant Manager Allen Ford

Aileen Kangavary

Plant manager Allen Ford, a man who always had a smile on his face, died on Jan. 27 from an illness. He was 57 years old.

Plant Manager Alan Ford died on Jan. 27 from illness.
Prestige Yearbook
Plant Manager Allen Ford died on Jan. 27 from illness.

“He was a kind, calm and gentle soul, sweet in nature. Of course every person has his faults but, he generally did the right thing,” campus security aide Madge Wooten said.  

Being on the staff for three years, he has made many personal connections with several of the staff and the students. He had been with the Los Angeles Unified School District for more than 30 years.

“I remember I would always be there for him. I would help him reach stuff since I’m a tall boy,” senior Pedro Morataya said. Morataya shared a poem titled “Acceptance That We Accept” in honor of Ford at the Get Lit presentation on Jan. 29.

Ford was a man who truly cared about the appearance of the school. He arrived at school bright and early to put up the flag and would leave late at night when work was done. He would come during the weekends and during vacation for any extra work he needed to get done. He was a very dedicated and special man to the Daniel Pearl Magnet High School community.

“One thing that I will always remember about Mr. Ford is that he cared about keeping Daniel Pearl a safe environment,” senior Mark Garcia said. “And that he didn’t like to be late for his 3 p.m. TMZ show.”

A funeral will be held on Feb 13. at 11 a.m. It will take place at Calvary Temple Pentecostal Church, 11958 Vanowen Street, North Hollywood. The family has requested an RSVP to be best prepared for the number of guests.

“Mr. Ford liked to sing but didn’t make it known,” former student Melyssa Montoya said. “He was always wearing a hat too and he felt  strange when he forgot it one day.”

The Ford’s family hasn’t shared much with the school, further information on the cause for his death has not been shared with the school.