• April 12SBAC Testing from Monday, April 22 to Monday, April 29
  • April 12Mario Kart Tournament from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the library on Wednesday, April 17
  • April 9Concert by the Gay Men’s Chorus in the MPR on Friday, April 12
  • April 8Lockdown Drill at 10:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 17
  • April 8Fiesta Friday during lunch in the Grove on Friday, April 12
  • April 8RESCHEDULED: Biliteracy Testing during Period 3 on Thursday, April 11

Bored during break? Must-see movies of November

By CIARA BROWN  Contributing Writer:

November is here and Thanksgiving break is just around the corner with the whole week off school. Here are a few movie suggestions you may want to see on your time off. Call a friend, bring a date, take a sibling or even go with a parent.

Can’t get enough of those vampires? A movie called “Vamps” (short for vampires just in case you didn’t already know) will have you laughing till you cry. It’s funny, quirky and you just have to go see it. Stacy and Goody are two young women living the good life in New York City. They start to realize that the perks of being a vampire can get a bit tiring. But I won’t reveal everything about the movie, so you’ll have to go see what happens when it comes out in theaters Nov. 2.

For those who are just not quite over those PG animated movies, I know one that might catch your interest. “Wreck it Ralph” is about an old video game icon who grows tired of being trapped in his own games. Wreck it Ralph decides to go from games to game to find where he truly belongs. Starring John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBryer and Jane Lynch, the movie is out in theaters Nov. 2.

“007” might not be as familiar to our generation as it is to our parents and grandparents, but from books to television, to movies, this has been an ongoing production since 1962. “Skyfall,” starring Daniel Craig who plays agent James Bond, is on the big screen Nov. 8.

“Lincoln,” directed by Steven Spielberg, is a biographical war drama film. Based on a biography about the 16th President of the United States, this film reveals the last four months of Lincoln’s life. In theaters Nov. 9,  this film is focused on the struggles Lincoln went through between himself and his Presidential cabinet on the road to abolishing slavery and the end of the Civil War. I’d recommend this movie to any student, especially one’s taking Government or U.S. history.

The one movie must teenagers and even some of the adults are dying to watch is the “Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2.” Four years and four movies with over 2 billion dollars in revenue, the last one is finally here. After the dramatic birth of Renesmee, played by Mackenzie Foy, how can you miss what finally happens next? It’s in theaters Nov. 16.