• April 20Senior/Junior Prom on Saturday, April 27 from 6 - 10 p.m. at CSUN’s Orchard Conference Room
  • April 20Movie Night on Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m.
  • April 20No school on Wednesday, April 24 for Armenian Genocide Observance Day
  • April 20Spring Serenade Festival on Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in the Grove
  • April 20Denim Day will be observed on Tuesday, April 23
  • April 12SBAC Testing from Monday, April 22 to Monday, April 29

Great American Nightmare knows how to create true fear

By Jose Herrera:

The Great American Nightmare, created by Rob Zombie, exhibits American figureheads with a  frightful twist.Photo by fearnet.com.
The Great American Nightmare, created by Rob Zombie, exhibits American figureheads with a frightful twist.Photo by fearnet.com.

October is filled with anticipation and creativity because of the festive attitude that is brought out by Halloween. Although, some people strongly prefer the more ominous and freaky side of October.

Rob Zombie’s Great American Nightmare an event that evokes horror and makes visitors paralyzed with fear.  Once you enter the Pomona FairPlex, there is no going back.

The event offers three different mazes that will have your heart at your throat.  Each maze is based on three different movies, (Haunt of 1000 Corpses, The Lords of Salem and El Superbeasto in 3D.

You could also take a quick breather with a short carousel ride that is located at the exit of the mazes.

Workers dressed in insane costumes with various props, such as fake chain saws with real motors, succeed in spooking the visitors by hiding in dark places, leaping and sliding to get a good scream.

Though, some of the night’s attractions might begin to get tedious due to the fact that you’re most likely going to see the same scarers, this place will make you jump out of your skin.

And if you aren’t having too much fun because of the scarers then don’t worry because there are live performances each night with different bands that will surely entertain.  So, just sit back and listen to the roaring rock music or blasting metal.

The Great American Nightmare is held on the Pomona FairPlex from Oct. 10- Nov. 2 but only Thursday through Sunday nights from 6 p.m  to 1 a.m.

Tickets start from $30 on Thursday and Sunday while on Friday and Saturday they cost $35. But could potentially reach up to $80.

If you missed it this year make sure you don’t miss it the next time it comes around.