• April 20Senior/Junior Prom on Saturday, April 27 from 6 - 10 p.m. at CSUN’s Orchard Conference Room
  • April 20Movie Night on Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m.
  • April 20No school on Wednesday, April 24 for Armenian Genocide Observance Day
  • April 20Spring Serenade Festival on Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in the Grove
  • April 20Denim Day will be observed on Tuesday, April 23
  • April 12SBAC Testing from Monday, April 22 to Monday, April 29

PlayStation 4 Vs. Xbox One

By Marcelina Vergara

The anticipated release of the new consoles from PlayStation and Xbox has gamers buzzing about the new features each console has.

“I currently have the Xbox 360 but if I buy a new console, I’d pick the PS4 since they have better games. The controller looks cool and it’s cheaper,” sophomore Joseph Mousaed said.

Last June, Microsoft and Sony both released statements that the new Xbox One and PS4 would be out soon.

“I have the PS3 right now but I’m planning on buying the PS4 because eventually, they will stop making games for PS3 and start selling for PS4,” senior Brandon Ilano said.

Most gamers prefer the PS4 because of its games and its price because the Xbox One charges money for online gaming, which is a new requirement made by Microsoft to provide more storage.

“I think people are leaning towards the PS4 because it has less restrictions and the games and visuals are better,

Photo from "PlayStation" website The PS4 comes out November 15.
The PS4 comes out Nov. 15. Photo from PlayStation website.
Photo from "Xbox" website The Xbox One comes out Nov. 22.
The Xbox One comes out Nov. 22. Photo from Xbox website.

even though the Xbox One has better specs,” sophomore Alex Sarkisyan said.

There is one special feature of the Xbox One that is a deal breaker for some people: Kinect motion and voice sensor. While the PS4 does have eye motion and move sensor controllers, it has to be bought separately which will technically make both consoles the same price.

“Even if Xbox has better games for motion sensor, I would still prefer PlayStation because it has better games overall,” freshman Jozsef Feher said.