Gadgets and websites guaranteed to help you out in college

The charger cord organizer is guaranteed to save you time from having to untangle your charging cords.

Delilah Brumer

Many students in the Class of 2021 will be going off to college this fall. This exciting new chapter in their lives also provides an excellent opportunity to buy some helpful gadgets and download some useful apps. 

Charger Cord Organizer

Most college students have several devices they use every day and with multiple devices comes multiple charging cords. These cords often get tangled and unorganized and they take an annoyingly long amount of time to unravel. This nuisance makes charger cord organizers extremely helpful. These small velcro cables will allow you to save your time for more important endeavors. 

The pen scanner scans text from any book and transcribes it onto your computer.

Pen Scanner

Transcribing physical notes and quoting passages from paper textbooks can be tedious and time consuming. This pen scanner solves that problem. Run this device over whatever you want typed up like a highlighter and it will transcribe it onto any compatible computer application. It also translates text and has a text-to-speech function.

Grammarly is an online tool used for editing essays. It fixes any spelling and grammar errors.

Grammarly

College involves lots of essay writing, which is why the Grammarly app is so helpful. This app will spell and grammar check your writing and suggest edits. To make it even better, the app is free, although there is a paid premium version. 

EasyBib is a free online website that helps you create citations the correct way.

EasyBib

When you’re writing papers in college, you will almost certainly need to cite your sources. This is a complicated process that EasyBib simplifies. This website will help you make citations if you enter in your source. It is able to help with citations and bibliographies in multiple formats, including APA and MLA. 

The portable charger allows you to charge your phone wherever you go. It is compatible with any phone.

Portable Charger

Whether you’re traveling, walking around campus or studying, sometimes you won’t be able to find an outlet to charge your devices. This is why having a portable charger can be very helpful. This charger is universally compatible and can charge an Iphone X up to six times before it needs to be recharged.

Todoist acts as a digital planner and helps manage anything from schoolwork to meetings.

Todoist

There are lots of tasks to juggle in college, from classes to homework to jobs. It’s easy to lose track of when you need to do anything and carrying around a clunky planner can be an issue. That’s why Todoist is perfect for college students. This app acts as a digital planner to manage upcoming events and deadlines. It will even send reminders to your phone.