• April 20Senior/Junior Prom on Saturday, April 27 from 6 - 10 p.m. at CSUN’s Orchard Conference Room
  • April 20Movie Night on Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m.
  • April 20No school on Wednesday, April 24 for Armenian Genocide Observance Day
  • April 20Spring Serenade Festival on Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in the Grove
  • April 20Denim Day will be observed on Tuesday, April 23
  • April 12SBAC Testing from Monday, April 22 to Monday, April 29

Rekindle your love for these 5 nostalgic rom-coms

During the season of love, embrace these five nostalgic rom-com flicks.

“Clueless” takes place in Los Angeles and follows the story of Cher Horowitz. (Paramount Pictures)

“Clueless” (1995)

“Clueless” takes place in Los Angeles and follows the story of Cher Horowitz (Alicia Silverstone) and her life as a high school student. Through their wealth, she and her best friend, Dionne Davenport (Stacey Dash), have obtained popularity and envious looks from their classmates. To raise her low grades, Cher sets up two of her teachers. After, Cher befriends Tai Fraiser (Brittany Murphy) who is new to the school and decides to give her a makeover. With time, Tai surpasses Cher in popularity and confesses her attraction towards Cher’s step-brother, Josh (Paul Rudd). Cher is left to convince Tai that Josh is not right for her while also trying to figure out her emotions. This movie is rated PG-13 for adult language.

“10 Things I Hate About You” came out in 1999. (Touchstone Pictures)

“10 Things I Hate About You” (1999)

Based on the Shakespearean play “Taming of the Shrew,” Cameron James (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) falls in love with Biana Stratford (Larisa Oleynik). Unfortunately for Bianca, she’s not allowed to date anyone until her older sister Kat (Julia Stiles) gets into a relationship. New kid Patrick Verona (Heath Ledger) turns out to be Kat’s biggest temptation upon his arrival. Kat tries her best to deflect the advances of Verona. This movie is rated PG-13 for adult language. 

In “Legally Blonde,” Elle is determined to get her ex-boyfriend back for dumping her. (20th Century Studios)

“Legally Blonde” (2001)

After getting dumped by her boyfriend on the night she thought he would propose, Elle Woods (Reese Witherspoon) is determined to get him back. After he is accepted into Harvard Law School, Elle decides to enroll as well as a desperate measure to get him back. During law school, she turns her focus on her studies and eventually falls in love with Emmett Richmond (Luke Wilson) along the way. Throughout the movie, her pursuits and desires change from her previous boyfriend to a potential long-term career. This movie is rated PG-13 for adult language and sexual references.

In “Pitch Perfect,” Beca finds herself joining an all-girls acapella singing group. (Univeral Pictures)

“Pitch Perfect” (2012)

Arriving at Barden University, Beca (Anna Kendrick) finds herself joining “The Bellas”, an all-girls acapella singing group. She brings energy into the group by exposing them to situations out of the group’s comfort zone. Due to her liveliness, they must compete against a male rival group in order to win the nationals. This movie is rated PG-13 for sexual references, violence and adult language.

“La La Land” follows the love story of jazz pianist Sebastian Wilder and aspiring actress Mia. (Lionsgate Films)

“La La Land” (2016)

“La La Land” follows the love story of jazz pianist Sebastian Wilder (Ryan Gosling) and aspiring actress Mia (Emma Stone). As a jazz pianist, Sebastian desires to have his own jazz club, while Mia aspires to see herself as a Hollywood star. As they fall in love, they must make sure their dreams are completed but don’t get in the way of their relationship. This movie is PG-13 for adult language and violence.