Artist of the Month: Sabrina Carpenter’s music is as sweet as “fruitcake”

American pop singer and actress Sabrina Carpenter is rising to fame, as she released her new holiday EP “fruitcake” on Nov. 17.
sabrinacarpenter.com

American pop singer and actress Sabrina Carpenter is rising to fame, as she releases her new holiday EP “fruitcake” and is performing throughout the month of December. Carpenter is also joining Taylor Swift in various countries as the opening artist of the Eras Tour. 

Carpenter, who was born and raised in Pennsylvania, first gained popularity through her leading role on the Disney Channel sitcom, “Girl Meets World.” She has since been more focused on her music career. Carpenter released her viral hit, “Nonsense,” last year and has released five studio albums in total. Carpenter recently released a holiday-themed EP titled “fruitcake” on Nov. 17. Some of the tracks include “Is It New Years Yet?” and “White Xmas.”

The “Nonsense” singer is performing throughout the United States in December for the Jingle Ball presented by Capital One. Carpenter is also set to open shows in Brazil, Singapore and Australia for Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour. This was especially exciting for both fans and Carpenter herself, who is inspired by Swift. 

“It was very much a childhood dream come true,” Carpenter told Billboard Magazine. “I still probably have not processed it if I’m being completely honest with you.”

Clearly, Carpenter is an esteemed artist who is making a mark on the music industry and pop culture. Her sound and lyrics are fun, clever and light. She is rising in popularity every year. Her established fan base and music lovers should be eager to see more of her.