• October 17Spirit Week will be from Oct. 29 - Nov. 2

• October 17The Great California ShakeOut drill will be on Oct. 23

• October 7Senior portraits will be taken on Saturday Oct. 20

Journalist Tracie Savage will deliver graduation keynote address on Thursday

Seniors Angel Rivera and Lisset Bayardo embrace each other after the news that both are to give commencement speeches at graduation came in.

Rachel Bullock

Rachel Bullock

TV broadcast reporter and Pierce College professor Tracie Savage will deliver the keynote speech during Thursday’s graduation at Mulholland Middle School.

The ceremony begins at 5 p.m. The student speeches will be delivered by Angel Rivera and Lisset Bayardo. This year’s valedictorians are Maia Hito, The Pearl Post New Media Editor-in-Chief, and Jessica Salguero, Online Editor-in-Chief. Salutatorian is Mabel Aceves, PNN science correspondent.

Like in the previous school year, all of the seniors in the Class of 2018 are receiving their diplomas.

“I think all of them are graduating this year, about 74 seniors are graduating,’’ Magnet Coordinator and senior class sponsor Nicole Bootel said.

About the Photographer
Rachel Bullock, Photo Editor
Rachel Bullock has been on staff for two years and is currently a photo editor. She schedules and obtains pictures for the other editors, focusing on sports. A logophile- she reads dictionaries, grammar books, and constantly consults thesauruses for fun. When she’s not studying for her APs or college classes, Rachel is usually obsessing over...