• May 6Fiesta Friday during lunch in the Grove on Friday, May 10
  • May 6Field trip to Pierce College Mainstage Theatre on Wednesday, May 8 at 11 a.m.
  • May 6Spirit Day in honor of Teacher Appreciation: Staff-Student Swap Day on Tuesday, May 7
  • April 29Assembly with Dr. Baca for all 9th graders on Friday, May 3 at 12 p.m. in the MPR
  • April 29Senior Panoramic Picture will be taken on Wednesday, May 1 at 2 p.m.
  • April 29College Decision Day Lunchtime Activity on Wednesday, May 1

Movie Preview: "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"

By Saba Mahmoudi:

“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” have fans in a frenzy to see their favorite actors like Jennifer Lawrence (left) and Josh Hutcherson (right) attempt to survive in a dystopic society full of chaos. Photo by thehungergamesmovie.com.

In the blink of an eye,  premiere tickets for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” sold out like wild fire.

Fans from across the world have been impatiently waiting for the sequel to the “Hunger Games,” released in 2011. Theaters such as AMC and Arclight are taking advantage of this big event by scheduling double features, midnight parties and costume contests.

“The first days are always crazy, pre-teens and young adults between the ages of 12-21 coming dressed up as their favorite character,” Kamila Harris, a spokes person for the Arclight Pasadena said.

On Nov. 22,  Katniss Everdeen  (Jennifer Lawrence), Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson) and Gale Hawthorne (Liam Hemsworth) will return to the big screen. With President Snow (Donald Sutherland) preparing for the 75th Annual Hunger Games, victors, Everdeen and Mellark embark on their Victor’s Tour. But behind the luxury of the tour, a rebellion  begins to rise from the ashes of the Capital’s corruption.

Due to the busy schedule of previous director,Gary Ross, Francis Lawrence taken the intimidating task of directing the sequel of “The Hunger Games,” with the ever growing fan base. There definitely will be some slight changes in the style the movie has been made because of the unfamiliarity with Lawrence’s work. Although, replacing directors does not seem to badly affect the opinions of fans.

“I don’t think my opinion about the movie changes just because there is a new director,” sophomore Johana Cortes said. “But I cannot say for sure until the movie comes out.”