DPMHS music teacher Jacqueline Gorski wins LAUSD Teacher of the Year award

Chris Bower

Daniel Pearl Magnet High School (DPMHS) has received yet another prestigious honor.

Music teacher Jacqueline Remillard Gorski, who has been teaching for 11 years,  is one of 21 recipients of  Los Angeles Unified School District’s (LAUSD)  Teacher of  the Year award. Those being honored have shown innovative and powerful teaching methods that positively impact their students. Gorski teaches both the choir and guitar classes and is hoping to offer keyboarding in the fall if she gets enough funding.

“I feel so happy and grateful to be recognized by LAUSD for my contributions as a teacher in the district. I love music education, and I love working with the great kids at DPMHS,” Gorski said. ” Working at a supportive school helps me to grow and to hone my skills as a teacher, especially when I’m surrounded by such a caring and effective group of colleagues, administrators, parents, and creative students.”

Gorski is pivotal in the organization of Daniel Pearl World Music Days, where she conducts the school choir of about 100 students. She also assisted students in preparing for their participation in a commercial that will appear on the June 11 episode of NBC’s show “The Voice.”

“I am proud to lead such an exceptional music program that reaps rewards for everyone in our school community as well as garnering positive local and national attention for itself,” Gorski said.

LAUSD will celebrate the LAUSD Teacher of the Year winners at a luncheon in September.