Countdown to Class of 2022 graduation

Emily Flores

Counselor Martina Torres met with the senior class on June 8 to go over a senior checklist before they are allowed to graduate.

Emma Rosenberg

The Class of 2022’s graduation ceremony will require guests to take a COVID-19 rapid test and complete a wellness check prior to the event this Thursday at Mulholland Middle School. 

“I am really scared to graduate but ultimately I am more excited to leave high school,” senior Daniela Rangel said.

Scott Schmerelson, Board District 3 School Board member and CBS-LA reporter Kristine Lazar will be the two keynote speakers. Students are allowed up to six tickets for the event, which begin at 5 p.m.

“Since it is an outside ceremony, we are still being careful,” Principal Armen Petrossian said. “But we have been able to invite a few more individuals than at last year’s graduation.”

Anywhere from 360 to 420 people are expected to attend this year’s graduation, compared to last year’s graduations where students were only allowed to invite two people. Valedictorian Chareena Pascua and salutatorian Tia Jarrett are the students who will deliver speeches to the Class of 2022.

“Good job and that’s pretty much it. I am proud of them and just continue doing what you’re doing,” Petrossian said.