• May 245/31 Senior Award Night

• May 245/31 Senior Sunset

• May 245/30 Yearbook Distribution

Making the most of this spring break

The beach is just one of the many places you could go this spring break to have a memorable and fun time with family and friends.

Eva Kaganovsky

Eva Kaganovsky

Jade Campbell

With spring break quickly approaching, many students are left with the question of how they will spend their newfound free time. Here are a few ideas on how to have a fun and productive break.

The beach  Since spring in California typically reaches high temperatures, the beach is the perfect place to cool down with family and friends. The beach is a great place to go to make you feel like you are on a mini vacation. There are many things you can do at the beach such as swim, surf, read a book and play volleyball.

Visit museums  Museums are a great place to have an educational yet entertaining experience. Most museums including the Broad Museum and the Getty charge little to no cost.  In addition to the actual museum, the Getty provides a quiet and calming area for you to finish your homework or have a relaxing lunch. The entrance for the Getty is free but parking can cost up to $10.

Volunteer  Get in those community services hours and volunteer during spring break. For example, you could sign up for beach clean-ups or volunteer at a local animal shelter. If you are a junior or a senior, the service learning projects are coming up and this can be a great time to get them done. Volunteering somewhere is not only a productive and fulfilling way to spend your free time, but it is also doing some good for your community.

Farmers markets  There are many local farmers markets held in April. Farmers markets are free to attend, but parking prices can vary. One popular market is the Olvera Street Farmers Market in Downtown Los Angeles. Olvera Street has many street vendors that sell food, clothes, dolls, handmade jewelry and many other items. 

The park – Local parks such as Balboa Park offer the perfect place to walk or enjoy a picnic with loved ones. Walking can be a great way to wind down and relieve all the stress accumulated throughout the school year. Some parks even have places to rent bikes for as low as $25.