Northwest Fest to showcase schools this Saturday

Winter Rawson

On Saturday, students and staff will be volunteering at the Northwest Fest at Reseda High School in order to showcase this small magnet school and recruit more students.

“An increase in enrollment means we get another teacher and hopefully we can get Mr. Hambright back,” junior Ruby Rodriguez. “Having only Mr. Middlebrook and Ms. Pevar as electives is limiting to students because most of us have taken Mr. Middlebrook multiple times.”

The event’s main goal is to highlight exemplary programs from schools across the northwest district. A booth for Daniel Pearl Magnet High School will be set up in Reseda High’s quad to demonstrate the school’s best aspects including clubs, publications, activities as well as the high graduation rate and test scores. Other schools will showcase their arts and academics as well.

I think the Northwest Fest will really show people how good of a school we are.

— Genesis Ocampo

“We have great programs. I think it’s a good idea to be represented there because most people don’t know our school exists,” junior Genesis Ocampo said.

Students in M. Orejarena’s  dance class will have a 15-minute performance and various photographs from Prestige Yearbook photographers will be on display during Northwest Fest.

“I think the Northwest Fest will really show people how good of a school we are,” Ocampo said.

The Northwest Fest will start at 9 a.m. and end at 3 p.m. Reseda High is at 18230 Kittridge Street in Reseda.