Homecoming sets course for season

Tahra Hunter

Once Eric Flowers scored his first ever touchdown at the homecoming game on Oct. 16, the crowd was relieved of anxiousness of the games turnout.

“I was very happy because I scored my first touchdown ever. Very exciting atmosphere on the field,” Flowers said.

Senior Eric Flowers stands in disbelief at the referee’s call during the homecoming game against Chatsworth Charter High School on Oct. 16. Final score was 49-23, Patriots take the win.
Veronica Godoy

The game didn’t start in the Birmingham Community Charter High School’s favor when Chatsworth Charter High School was first to score. But the game quickly turned with the Patriots score nearly doubling. Although during halftime, the Patriots voiced their frustration.

“During half-time, everyone was pretty mad because they scored,” Flowers said. “They shouldn’t have scored.”

BCCHS students as well Daniel Pearl Magnet High School students stood in the stands chanting under one name “B’s house.”  Once halftime was over and the crowd was rejuvenated from the performance, the team was ready to finish the game.

Along with the never ending support from the crowd, Flowers had his own support for Friday’s game.

“My motivation was Jessica Ramos, my mom, my grandma, my brothers and plus it’s my last year a

Once the game ended with a score of 49-23 in favor of the Patriots, Flowers expressed his happiness that the game was over and that they had won.

“I was pretty happy, we won and that’s all that matters,” Flowers said.

Junior Jaime Timsit cheers along side the fields, creating spirit in the crowds.
Jomari Reyes
Junior Jaime Timsit cheers along side the fields, creating spirit in the crowd.