Hitting closer to home with state propositions

Here's a small list of several important propositions hitting the ballot

Michelle Kaganosky

• Proposition 61, or the Drug Price Standards Initiative, is designed to regulate the price of prescription drugs. The proposition aims to help secure lower prescription drug prices. (CreativeCommons.org)
  • Proposition 51, or the California Public School Facility Bonds Initiative, proposes putting 9 billion dollars in bonds towards public schools. If approved, the proposition would provide funding towards the improvement and construction of public schools from kindergarten to community college. (CreativeCommons.org)
  • Proposition 63, or the Background Checks for Ammunition Purchases and Large-Capacity Ammunition Magazine Ban Initiative, requires background checks and authorized permission from the Department of Justice to purchase ammunition. The proposition calls for stricter regulations of selling and purchasing ammunition. (CreativeCommons.org)
  • Proposition 64, or the California Marijuana Legalization Initiative, legalizes the use of recreational marijuana under California State Law. If approved, the taxes imposed on marijuana would go towards drug research, treatment, and regulation. The proposition allows adults 21 and older to use recreational marijuana and to grow small amounts at home. (CreativeCommons.org)