Meet the new freshman student body officers

The class of of 2018 recently elected its new class officers, President Dean Khaznahov, Secretary Ashley Hukett and Treasurer Lesly Gutierrez. Each of the officers answered our five question mini-questionnaire so that you could learn a bit more about the new officers. The questions were:

1. Why did you run for the freshman student body?

2. What do you plan to do for the freshman class?

3. What’s something about the school that you would like to continue? (ex: Fiesta Friday)

4. Is there any particular problem you’d like to tackle? If so, what is it and how would you do so?

5. What’s something you want the students to know about you?

Dean Khazanov – Class President

Dean Khaznanov is the new freshman class president. Photo by Monica Hernandez.
Dean Khazanov is the new freshman class president. Photo by Monica Hernandez.

1. I ran for freshman student body for many reasons. I’ve always thought that I was someone who made a good leader, and someone who would make a good representative of the people. I felt that in the freshman year, most of the new students would think of themselves as individuals, as opposed to a united Freshman class. I thought that should be changed, and I thought I would have a good chance of doing it with the help of the other elected student body officers.

2. I plan to do many things, all which I hope should further unite us as a class in doing so. As a first order of business we’ve addressed at the freshman student body meetings, we are deciding when and where we should hold the semester freshman party, a party exclusively for freshman where our hope is for the freshman to unite, and meet to make new friends. All of the freshman will progress through this school for four years together, ending with senior year, and we want the freshman to establish connections with each other.

3.  As a Prefect, as well as a freshman student body officer, I have to say my favorite part of this school, is the houses. I myself am in the Higgins house, and I think they serve a great purpose in grouping students together, and giving us objectives to work together for. I would like to continue the house tradition, and I would also like to continue house events, which I still have yet to experience.

4. Right now, the freshman class is still adjusting to the new high school experience, as it is significantly different from the middle school experience. If I would have the ability to, I would like to tackle the spread of the freshman. I think while we should definitely become friends with various people from different grade levels, we should also encourage ourselves to unite the freshman class, and help each other with things we’ve all experienced.

5.  I want the students to know that I am one of the friendliest people you’ll come to meet at this school, and that I’m always looking to make new friends with my fellow DPMHS students. I also plan to do everything in my power to make this an amazing freshman year and school year for everyone!

Ashley Hokett – Class Secretary

Ashley Hukett is the new freshman class secretary. Photo by Monica Hernandez.
Ashley Hokett is the new freshman class secretary. Photo by Monica Hernandez.

1. I ran for the freshman student body because I enjoy planning events and being involved with my school.

2. I plan to give support to the good decisions the Freshmen Student Body president would make.

3. I would like to continue Fiesta Friday because everybody seems to enjoy it.

4. There’s no particular problem i have right now.

5. What I want the students to know about me is if you have an idea for improvement or activity you can come up to me and tell me and I will see what I can do about it.

Lesly Gutierrez – Class Treasurer

Lesly Gutierrez is the new freshman class treasurer. Photo by Monica Hernandez.

1. I ran for student body because I knew it would look good for me in the future.

2. What I want to do for the freshman class is to have a lot of fundraisers so we could save up for our senior year and I can help plan out a lot of events for freshmen.

3. I’d plan to continue any plans that are in store for the year .

4. I’d like to have a meet and greet so that all freshmen can get to know the upper grades’ students better .

5. If they ever need advice they can come to me.