• June 7Grad Nite for the Class of 2024 on Wednesday, June 12
  • June 7Graduation of the Class of 2024 at 5:30 p.m. at Mulholland Middle School on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Senior Breakfast at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, June 11
  • June 7Last day of instruction on Tuesday, June 11
  • May 31Minimum Day on Monday, June 10
  • May 31Finals schedule is from Wednesday, June 5 - Friday, June 7

Some athletes not happy with timing of Snow Masquerade Ball

By ALEX PINEDA

Winter Formal has arrived later in the school year than usual. The masquerade-themed event, however, interferes with athletes’ schedules.

On Jan. 31, Leadership will host the Snow Masquerade Ball. Several athletes have found it very difficult to attend since it conflicts with their games and practices.

“I’m in season right now and honestly it’s almost impossible for me able to attend since I have a game that day,” said junior Michael Linan, who is on the soccer team.

The winter sports season has the largest amount of sports and athletes. Since the dance is on a Friday night, it has created difficulties for the athletes who have games on Friday.

“I wish I could come, but since I have to come home on the bus after my game I have no time to get ready and I really wanted to come,” said senior Jonathan Hinojosa, who is also on the soccer team.

Although the event has interfered with several athletes’ schedules, a large outcome is expected. Tickets are $7 without a mask and $10 with a mask. They’re being sold in the student store by Leadership class members, Britney Bayardo, Yasmine Saraf and Michella Mousaed.

“I think we can expect a great outcome. I’m pretty excited,” event organizer Bayardo said.