• April 12Mario Kart Tournament from 3:45 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the library on Wednesday, April 17
  • April 9Concert by the Gay Men’s Chorus in the MPR on Friday, April 12
  • April 8Lockdown Drill at 10:25 a.m. on Wednesday, April 17
  • April 8Fiesta Friday during lunch in the Grove on Friday, April 12
  • April 8RESCHEDULED: Biliteracy Testing during Period 3 on Thursday, April 11

Tri-folds and replicas visualize the past during History Day

Senior Kendall Tucker reads through a tri-fold that talks about  Curt Flood’s major change in baseball history. Photo by Alex Torres.
Senior Kendall Tucker reads through a tri-fold about Curt Flood’s major change in baseball history. Photo by Alex Torres.

By MARCELINA VERGARA:

Daniel Pearl Magnet High School held its second annual History Day in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) hosted by history teacher Davy Keo.

Topics covered ranged from women’s rights not just in the United States, court cases on race but also American politics.

Students and parents walked through the MPR on Nov. 19 to observe group and individual exhibits made by AP: U.S,World History and Government students. Also, the library was open for computer use where students viewed documentaries and website projects.

“Making the project was hard so it was rewarding to see it finished with other projects around. It was also kind of stressful to know other people can grade your work,” sophomore Rudy Calderon said.

Viewers had the ability to grade projects by the contents of their work: sources, grammar usage, information and visuals. They could write down their opinion and turn in the grade sheet on a brown envelope located in front of the entrances.

“The History Day turned out nice. All the projects look really nice at first, when I first looked at my finished project I was just thinking straightforward but when you see other projects, you see a variety of different other things,” sophomore Caroline Maroutian said.