• April 20Senior/Junior Prom on Saturday, April 27 from 6 - 10 p.m. at CSUN’s Orchard Conference Room
  • April 20Movie Night on Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m.
  • April 20No school on Wednesday, April 24 for Armenian Genocide Observance Day
  • April 20Spring Serenade Festival on Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in the Grove
  • April 20Denim Day will be observed on Tuesday, April 23
  • April 12SBAC Testing from Monday, April 22 to Monday, April 29

DPMHS Celebrates Day of the Dead

Daniel Pearl is remembered for Dia de Los Muertos (Day of Dead) on altars created by students.  Photo by Elizabeth Hovanesian
Journalist Daniel Pearl is remembered during Dia de Los Muertos (Day of Dead) on altars created by the Journalism 1 students.
Photo by Elizabeth Hovanesian

Students also place on altar to remember Selena, a famous Mexican-American singer. Photo by Jonathan Hinojosa
Students in a Spanish class also placed fruit, marigolds, photos and a microphone on an altar to remember Selena, a famous Mexican-American singer. Photo by Jonathan Hinojosa
Sophomores Caroline Maroutian and Jennifer Sahakian view the community altar set up for the 5th annual Day of the Dead. Classes set up altars to honor leaders such as President John F. Kennedy Jr., mathematicians such as Sir Isaac Newton and journalists such as Daniel Pearl. Photo by Elizabeth Hovanesian

Sophomores Caroline Maroutian and Jennifer Sahakian view the community altar set up for the 5th annual Day of the Dead on Friday. Several classes set up altars to honor leaders such as President John F. Kennedy Jr., mathematicians such as Sir Isaac Newton and journalists such as Daniel Pearl. Photo by Elizabeth Hovanesian