• April 20Senior/Junior Prom on Saturday, April 27 from 6 - 10 p.m. at CSUN’s Orchard Conference Room
  • April 20Movie Night on Friday, April 26 at 5 p.m.
  • April 20No school on Wednesday, April 24 for Armenian Genocide Observance Day
  • April 20Spring Serenade Festival on Tuesday, April 23 at 7 p.m. in the Grove
  • April 20Denim Day will be observed on Tuesday, April 23
  • April 12SBAC Testing from Monday, April 22 to Monday, April 29

“Halo” TV show is Spielberg’s newest project

By Dianne Villalta

The series will premiere only on Xbox Live. Photo from news.cnet.com.

“Halo” began as a simple Microsoft computer game, then Bungi, a gaming studio, together with Microsoft, took the “Halo” story and turned it into a popular Xbox video game with the making of “Halo” in 2005.

Bungi and Microsoft continued the story until “Halo” 3: ODST, then Microsoft handed over the mantle to 343 Industries.Together they created the 90 minute web series “Halo” 4: Forward Unto Dawn which sparked the sales of “Halo” 4 the video game, which was released in December of 2012. Now they plan to continue the Master Chief legacy with the making of a new “Halo” series directed by none other than award-winning filmmaker Steven Spielberg.

“I think that it will be a great series, Steven Spielberg is a great director. He will continue it, it will be interesting on how he directs the show,” sophomore Hayden Weebe said.

Bonnie Ross the general manager of Microsoft’s 343 Industries studio, announced their plans during the Microsoft One next-generation console launch. The new series will only be aired on the new Xbox One.

Steven Spielberg appeared at the launch via video and expressed his excitement to continue a story of strength and courage.

“Halo” Fans are excited about how Spielberg will continue Master Chief’s story and expect much from Spielberg.

“For me, the ‘Halo’ universe is an amazing opportunity to be at the intersection where technology and storytelling meet.” Spielberg said.