Restaurant Review: Off to wonder at Yonder Coffee

Students+relax+and+unwind+after+school+at+Yonder+Coffee+on+Feb+14.+Located+a+short+bus+ride+away+from+school%2C+Yonder+Coffee+gives+students+a+comfortable+environment+to+hang+out+with+friends.+

Nathalie Miranda

Students relax and unwind after school at Yonder Coffee on Feb 14. Located a short bus ride away from school, Yonder Coffee gives students a comfortable environment to hang out with friends.

Nathalie Miranda

A small and cozy coffee shop sits just a 20-minute bus ride away from school. Get a cup of coffee, relax outside and maybe do some studying.

Yonder Coffee is a small Filipino-owned coffee shop located at 9028 Balboa Blvd, Northridge on the corner of Balboa Boulevard and Nordhoff Street open from 7 a.m. until 6 p.m. It’s a quiet and comfortable place to unwind and try some delicious items. By going there as opposed to larger chains, students can support a minority-owned small business. 

Along with different coffees and teas, there are a variety of pastries to choose from. Everything is really affordable, perfect for high school students. The most expensive drinks are only $5.50 and their most expensive pastry is $4.50. Not only is everything tasty, but the employees are very considerate of different dietary restrictions. When ordering a drink, they ask the customer if they need a substitute like oat or almond milk instead of whatever may be in it. 

The outdoor seating area offers more space to sit. Customers may choose to sit at a table or lounge chairs. There are also heaters and a fire pit outside, so there’s no need to worry about getting cold. It’s decorated with cute lights on the ceiling as well as plants and bushes. 

Yonder Coffee’s homey vibe and free WiFi make it a perfect place for quiet studying. At any given time, there are many high school and college students doing work and drinking their coffee.

The coffee shop also has its own merchandise that customers can purchase. From T-shirts to pins to candles, the shop offers many different things that can satisfy anyone. All of the merchandise is affordable and trendy with only a few items over $25. 

With the TAP cards that all Daniel Pearl Magnet High School students received in the first semester of school, the bus ride to Yonder Coffee will be completely free. If students have not used their TAP card since they registered it, then it must be used before March 14 for it to still be valid. 

If you’re looking for a comfortable environment to just decompress with some friends after a long day of school and are interested in supporting a small business, visit Yonder Coffee.