• March 23Field trip to The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens on Friday, April 5
  • March 23Biliteracy Testing on Thursday, April 4 during period 3
  • March 23No school on Monday, April 1 for Cesar Chavez Day
  • March 15Super Smash Bros. Tournament at 3:45 p.m. in the library on Wednesday, March 20
  • March 15SAT School Day for juniors in the MPR on Wednesday, March 20
  • March 15Open House from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 19

Watch this: New fall television shows

By Hassan Muhammad
Contributing Writer:

Stop sitting in front of the TV hopelessly looking for shows that are good and check out these new upcoming fall TV Shows:

“American Horror Story: Asylum (schedule unknown yet)” on FX is a new season of American Horror Story, the American Horror Story: Asylum. The first season received good feedback from audiences thus earning the title “biggest cable series of the year.” Although not much information is released about what’s going to be in the show, you can be sure that it will be excellent just like its predecessor. The title, however, gives the location of the show, in an asylum. It will be full of thrill and suspense so be sure to watch it. The director also mentioned new casts. Although it’s a new season, the story in the first season will not be carried on, making it an “anthology” series.

“Go On” on NBC every Tuesday at 9 p.m. Go on is show about a former sports talk radio host named Ryan King, which is played by the one and only “Friends” star Matthew Perry, who decided to get back to being a radio host after the loss of his wife. However, his boss, Steven, played by Harold and Kumar’s John Cho, decides to force Ryan into grief counseling before he could go back into being a radio host. There he will meet a group of characters with similar situations and back stories as his and will eventually help him move on.

“Animal Practice” on NBC every Wednesday at 8 p.m. “Animal Practice” is show a comedy show about a top veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman, played by Justin Kirk, whose patients are famous animals. Although good with animals, he’s not necessarily a people-person. His job changes forever when his ex-girlfriend inherits the family business and becomes his new boss.

CW’s “Arrow” series premiere Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. “Arrow” is a show about a character based on DC comics’ Green Arrow. Playboy Oliver Queen was presumed dead for years after the ship that he boarded sunk. Turns out that he survived and lived on a nearby remote island. Although returning to his home city Starling, he’s changed quite a lot. While his relatives and friends are focusing on reconnection with him, he’s more focused on creating a new secret persona– The Arrow– a vigilante dedicated to protect his own city.

CW’s “Beauty and the Beast” Series Premiere Oct. 11 at 9 p.m. Beauty and the Beast is a show about Catherine Chandler’s, played by Kristin Kruek, tragic history. Her mother was killed by two murderers when she was just a teenager. She would’ve had the same fate as her mother if it wasn’t for someone that saved her. She insisted that it wasn’t a human that saved her but, like any other shows, no one believes her. Little did she know that the job that she took would lead her to that very same person– or thing–that saved her.