What brings the ‘Walking Dead’ back to life

By PATRICK EWING

Contributing Writer

“The Walking Dead” is considered the most watched drama in basic cable history, says deadline.com. It has been nominated for 46 awards and won 11, which include Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, Teen Choice Awards and People’s Choice Awards.

“The Walking Dead” is based on a highly rated post-apocalyptic comic book that was written by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adler and then developed for a drama television series by Frank Darabont. The program airs on AMC Networks TV.

The series tells a story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and faces not only the dead but also the whole new fear of the living, making survival a more difficult task.

The show first premiered on Oct. 31, 2010, and quickly gained attention from viewers all over making the show such a popular and iconic show.

This series began with a sheriff named Rick Grimes, the lead character played by Andrew Lincoln, who woke up from a coma living in an apocalyptic world of zombies. Through the struggle of survival, Rick and his band of survivors encounter many friends, and some enemies allowing viewers to see the development of each character.

“The Walking Dead” has beaten every network show in the ratings demographic and during the last fall was the highest-rated show among viewers 18 to 49. This show has a bigger audience than other hit shows like “The Big Bang Theory” and “Modern Family.”

The Walking Dead continues to impress and bring in high ratings. Each week, after the showing of “The Walking Dead,” AMC has a chat show called “The Talking Dead” that discusses the zombies, characters, plots and themes throughout new show.

Even “Talking Dead” has made some pretty big sparks itself, making the competition for other networks more intense by bringing in 2.8 million viewers per show.

“The Walking Dead” is widely spread in the entertainment world, but has also reached the video games entertainment. Advertising is driven all over the world for “The Walking Dead.”