• March 18Juniors will take the SAT on March 27

• March 18Open House will be from 5-7 p.m. on March 21

• March 18Japanese American National Museum field trip on March 20

Binge-worthy shows to stream this fall break

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Handmaid's Tale follows protagonist Offred, one of the many oppressed woman of in Gilead, a patriarchal society in what once was part of the United States.

Hulu

Hulu

Hulu

Mahali Sanchez and Rosa Lemus

Fall is the perfect time to get cozy and binge watch some of your favorite shows. Here are some to watch that are available on the streaming services Netflix and Hulu.

Netflix:

American Vandal:  Protagonists Sam and Peter uncover in a documentary the mystery of 27 defaced cars at their high school, for which a student was accused and expelled. The show is meant to be a parody of true crime documentaries, also known as “mockumentaries.” The show was greenlighted for a second season, where the main characters try to find out who was responsible for mixing laxatives in the school cafeteria food.  Each season focuses on a specific crime that started out as a prank and both Sam and Peter work to investigate the cases and find out who is responsible.

The Office: The comedy mirrors a documentary that follows the everyday lives of employees at a paper company Dunder-Mifflin in Scranton, PA., in the hands of regional manager Michael Scott. It features scandalous office romance, hilarious pranks and a lovable cast.

The 100: This series combines drama, action and science-fiction in a world where a nuclear armageddon destroys civilization on Earth and the only survivors are those on the 12 international space stations in orbit at the time. When a spaceship housing the survivors sends 100 delinquents back to Earth, they must find a way to survive life together.

Hulu:

Handmaid’s Tale: “Handmaid’s Tale” is based off a drama sci-fi novel by Margaret Atwood. Set in the future, a fascist government takes over the United States and viciously strips women of rights, forcing them into a perpetually submissive social ranking. The program focuses on the lives of these handmaids, periodically including flashbacks from before the time they were considered second-class citizens.

9-1-1: Ryan Murphy’s “911” first aired on Fox and has become increasingly popular among viewers. The TV program showcases both the personal and professional lives of first responders and the obstacles they face every day. There is one season on Hulu so far but new episodes of season two are uploaded every week.

Superstore: “Superstore” is an American sitcom showcasing the lives of employees of Cloud 9, a parody of Walmart. Familiar faces like “Ugly Betty” America Ferrera and Ben Feldman provide comedic relief to the unsavory quirks that come with working in retail. The comedy focuses on the diverse group of employees and challenges they typically endure. “Superstore” first aired in 2015, and has three seasons but new episodes will air on Oct 4.

About the Writers
Mahali Sanchez, Staff Writer

Mahali Sanchez is a church girl who likes going to school to reach her goal and attend UCLA where she plans to become a pediatrician. This is her first...

Rosa Lemus, Photo Editor

Rosa Lemus is in 11th grade and is a Photo Editor for The Pearl Post. This is her second year in newspaper. In her spare time she likes to watch Netflix...