• November 11No school for Thanksgiving break Nov. 19-23

• November 8No school on Nov. 12 in observation of Veterans Day

• October 17Spirit Week will be from Oct. 29 - Nov. 2

Upcoming October releases to snatch wigs

English+pop+artist+Dua+Lipa+performs+at+famous+Bonnaroo+music+festival+on+June+10.+
English pop artist Dua Lipa performs at famous Bonnaroo music festival on June 10.

Photo from Flickr.com

Photo from Flickr.com

Christopher Sarenana

Among one of the best things the fall season has to offer is the flood of new music from favorite artists.

Dua Lipa: English pop singer Dua Lipa is set to release the complete edition to her self-titled debut album “Dua Lipa” on Oct. 19. From prior editions of the album this will have three brand new songs, including “Kiss & Makeup,” “Running” and “Want To.” She took to Twitter on Sept. 3 to inform fans of a super deluxe edition to her debut album, which includes a variety of new music.

Lil Yachty: Georgia-born rapper Lil Yachty is set to release his third studio album “Nuthin’ 2 Prove” on Oct. 19. Though the record was originally supposed to be released on the rapper’s birthday, Aug. 23, Yachty postponed the release date, instead gifting fans a playlist titled “Birthday Mix 3” on SoundCloud. Earlier this year Yachty released singles “Who Want the Smoke?” featuring Cardi B and MigosOffsetOther notable features to come out of 2018 are “Ay3” with Ayo & Teo, “Gucci Flip Flops” with Bhad Bhabie and D Savage’s “No Smoke.”

Jon Bellion: R&B singer  Jon Bellion took to Twitter to announce the release of his sophomore album “Glory Sound Prep” on Nov. 9. After months of cryptic tweets, Instagram stories and snippets, he released a trailer to announce the album. Bellion captioned several recent posts “GSP” and revealed that he’s produced music for Christina Aguilera and Demi Lovato.

Kanye West: Controversial Chicago-born rapper Kanye West made a surprise announcement to fans that he’s coming out with his ninth studio album “Yandi” on Nov. 23. Earlier this year, West released “Ye,” which received mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. The hype around the album is speculated to be a spiritual successor to his 2013 album “Yeezus.” With singles “XTCY” and “I Love It” featuring Soundcloud rapper Lil Pump, and collaborations from Ty Dolla $ign and more, the record may easily become one of the top hip-hop albums of the year.

The 1975: Alternative indie pop band The 1975 is scheduled to release its third studio album “A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships” on Nov. 30. The band originally intended to release an EP called “What a Shame” but ultimately called it off and chose to release a record in its entirety. The album will have 15 songs, including previous singles “Love It If We Made It,” “Give Yourself a Try” and “TooTimeTooTimeTooTime.” Lead singer Matt Healy also announced that the group will release another record in 2019 called “Notes On a Conditional Form.”

Lil Uzi Vert: After struggling to release music from his label Atlantic Records, rapper Lil Uzi Vert’s album “Eternal Atake” is finally expected to release sometime this fall. It’s been more than a year since his last album “Luv Is Rage 2” was released. Lil Uzi has kept quiet on social media and held off on releasing new music, only posting snippets of new songs in videos. Even though he hasn’t been releasing his own music, Uzi has been actively featured on songs with Juice WRLD, Lil Pump and Travis Scott. On June 16, Uzi posted a video on Instagram of himself dancing to his song “New Patek,” which currently has 13 million views. Controversy soon followed the rapper, as he modeled his album cover after infamous cult Heaven’s Gate’s popularized icon, which he’s being sued over for copyright infringement.

About the Writer
Christopher Sarenana, Staff Writer

Christopher Sarenana is a friendly giant who loves basketball, hip-hop, sneakers and video games. His favorite basketball team is the Los Angeles Lakers...