• May 15Class of 2019 prom on Saturday, May 18 from 6:30-10:30 p.m.

• May 15Juniors will have SBAC testing from May 20-24

• May 15No school on Memorial Day, Monday May 27

We asked students for their opinion on standing or protesting during the pledge via Twitter polls

About the Writers
Nallely De Lara, Managing Editor

Nallely De Lara is the managing editor for The Pearl Post. This is Nallely's third year as part of the newspaper staff. In her spare time Nallely can be...

Zachary Gephart-Canada, Copy Editor

Zachary Gephart-Canada is a Copy Editor for The Pearl Post and the Editor-in-Chief of the The Prestige Yearbook. Zach is a senior and is currently serving...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “We asked students for their opinion on standing or protesting during the pledge via Twitter polls”

1. Esmeralda Martinez on October 22nd, 2017 12:45 am

I stand for the pledge, but not for the sake of our country being great or for supporting our current president Donald Trump. I stand in hopes that our country won’t fall to a place of tyranny or a place where “freedom” in the United States is nothing but a lie. I have hopes that in the future, we live to the title of being a “free country. ” A country where everyone are given the opportunity to make something of themselves. A country where we learn to accept others for who they are as a person, and treated equally.

2. Rachel Bullock on November 5th, 2017 4:44 pm

All of these say 29% and 71% (not matching the pi chart/graphic. This doesn’t seem right.

• We asked students for their opinion on standing or protesting during the pledge via Twitter polls

Features

Film prodigy Lauryn Uhlenberg places first in regional contest

Sports

Athlete of the Month: Emily Flores

Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week

Blogs

Students travel to state capital to present on Holocaust Remembrance Day

News

Holocaust survivor shares stories of growing up hidden and isolated in Nazi Germany

Entertainment

Korean boy band BTS sells out concert at Rose Bowl Stadium

Students learn about Holocaust through David Labkovski exhibit

Features

Four juniors gain leadership skills at RYLA

News

BCCHS coach Scott Silva found guilty of child molestion charges

Blogs

Immersing myself in student journalism for three days at NHSJC