• November 2Nov. 9: Parent class visits & conferences 8:15 a.m.

• October 18Spirit Week 10/23 - 10/27

• September 20No School Thurs 9/21

Newspaper and online publication both finalists in L.A Press Club awards

Zachary Gephart- Canada

In the first year publishing the newly designed print newspaper, The Pearl Post and its corresponding website have both been named finalists for prestigious awards from the Los Angeles Press Club.

“I’m proud that we were able to make some changes even though they were small,” Online Editor-in-Chief Tahra Hunter said. “I’m proud just to be able to contribute to the publication.”

The print newspaper underwent a complete redesign before the beginning of the school year and the website also had some small changes. These changes include the addition of playlists and quizzes.

The print edition of the newspaper, run by Editor-in-Chief Rebekah Spector, was nominated for Best High School Newspaper and the website, run by Hunter, was nominated for Best News Website awards by the L.A. Press Club.

The website is up against five other websites, all of them colleges or universities, and the newspaper is up against The Accolade from Sunny Hills High School Fullerton. Winners of both categories will be announced on June 25 at the Millennium Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles.

“It (the award) means that all the little things we’ve done this year paid off,” Hunter said. “It means that hopefully we’re being noticed and hopefully it’ll all pay off and we’ll win.”