• June 8Period five and six finals are today

• June 7Period three and four finals today

• June 5Tuesday is the start of finals (Period 1 and 2). It's a minimum day!

Senior Danielle Valenzuela wins T-shirt design contest for the Northwest STEAM Fest

Michael Chidbachian

Danielle Valenzuela
Danielle Valenzuela is awarded with her design after submitting it into the 2017 Northwest STEAM Fest T-shirt design.

From a panel of over 200 judges, senior Danielle Valenzuela’s drawing for the Northwest STEAM Fest’s T-Shirt Design Contest was chosen to be the event’s official shirt for 2017.

It was announced on Feb. 28 that Valenzuela’s design was picked amongst 74 other elementary, middle and high school students’ entries. The artwork submitted revolved around the meaning behind the event: to share ideas that can help solve real world problems.

Her design consists of a young girl standing in front of a tree imagining an invention that uses the resources it gives to help people across the globe. The tree would create water using its created oxygen and stored hydrogen. That water would then be used to help people across the world that don’t have access to clean water.

Valenzuela’s entry will become this year’s official shirt at the Northwest STEAM Fest on March 4 at Cleveland Charter High School. Valenzuela is a cartoonist for The Pearl Post and a page design editor for Prestige Yearbook. 

1 Comment

One Response to “Senior Danielle Valenzuela wins T-shirt design contest for the Northwest STEAM Fest”

1. Deb Smith on March 3rd, 2017 8:47 pm

Congrats Danielle! This is awesome!!!

[Reply]

• Senior Danielle Valenzuela wins T-shirt design contest for the Northwest STEAM Fest

News

The Pearl Post places second twice at 59th L.A. Press Club Awards

Class of 2017 has 100% graduation rate

Features

Sunny ways to earn spending money

Features

Affordable places to go this summer

News

Student body changes brings greater involvement from students

News

Students might have to say goodbye to loved staffer

Entertainment

Explore the world of upcoming indie films

Features

Students hold art exhibit and see Holocaust in a new perspective

Top anticipated video games coming this summer

Features

Volunteer opportunities for summer