Springfield, USA comes to the iPod

By Robert Tapia
Contributing Writer

America’s favorite family, The Simpsons are back the in all new game “Simpsons: Tapped Out.”

“Simpsons: Tapped Out” is an app that sticks to the storyline of the television series as the characters give their comments toward the game itself. Homer is the only Simpson character left after an accidental meltdown. You must help Homer rebuild Springfield but you get to personalize it in any way you desire. When building houses or completing tasks, you will receive a new character and/or money and experience points (XP).

Simple tasks, like cleaning up Springfield, earn you XP. You will even earn Homer’s favorite snack, donuts, which can be used for certain things. On the bottom left corner, there is a pop up menu that shows your balance of money, XP, donuts and etc.

You can buy more land for your customized Springfield. You can decorate it with trees, benches and anything else you feel like. When building houses, you will have to wait a certain amount of time for it to be built. Unless, of course, you have a couple of Homer’s donuts to speed up the process.

This game is similar to Farmville. You have your own area, or space, to place or build anything you can choose from the pop up menu, depending on your level. To reach the next level, you must obtain a certain amount of XP. The higher the level, the more options you get to decorate your Springfield. As more characters are earned, their catch phrases will arrive with them.

One of the many goals in the game is to collect all the characters. The characters will help you do more in your Springfield and unlock the achievements faster. Download “Simpsons: Tapped Out” and discover more interesting secrets about the game.

When you first open the app, it will ask you to create an account. This account can be connected to Facebook, e-mail and other social media. The game can only be played when you have an internet connection. It is free in the Apple App Store (sorry Android users) for devices with iOS 4.3 or later.

Photo by Robert Tapia. A screenshot of the game shows various buildings and characters.