Senior Danielle Valenzuela wins T-shirt design contest for the Northwest STEAM Fest

Michael Chidbachian

Danielle Valenzuela
Danielle Valenzuela is awarded with her design after submitting it into the 2017 Northwest STEAM Fest T-shirt design.

From a panel of over 200 judges, senior Danielle Valenzuela’s drawing for the Northwest STEAM Fest’s T-Shirt Design Contest was chosen to be the event’s official shirt for 2017.

It was announced on Feb. 28 that Valenzuela’s design was picked amongst 74 other elementary, middle and high school students’ entries. The artwork submitted revolved around the meaning behind the event: to share ideas that can help solve real world problems.

Her design consists of a young girl standing in front of a tree imagining an invention that uses the resources it gives to help people across the globe. The tree would create water using its created oxygen and stored hydrogen. That water would then be used to help people across the world that don’t have access to clean water.

Valenzuela’s entry will become this year’s official shirt at the Northwest STEAM Fest on March 4 at Cleveland Charter High School. Valenzuela is a cartoonist for The Pearl Post and a page design editor for Prestige Yearbook. 

1 Comment

One Response to “Senior Danielle Valenzuela wins T-shirt design contest for the Northwest STEAM Fest”

1. Deb Smith on March 3rd, 2017 8:47 pm

Congrats Danielle! This is awesome!!!

[Reply]

• Senior Danielle Valenzuela wins T-shirt design contest for the Northwest STEAM Fest

Photo of the Week

Senior captures the crowd at Fiesta Friday with voice

Briefs

AP literature students talk through a screen to famous author Thomas Foster

Performances and promposal during Fiesta Friday

News

Drawing up some pi

Showcase

Athlete of the month: Raul Serrano

Opinion

Every student has right to use whichever bathroom they are most comfortable with

Blogs

Community mourns over the loss of young life

News

Graduation date, speakers, location announced

Opinion

Editorial: Fake news has tainted journalistic credibility

Showcase

Boys lacrosse aims for championships